Helen is 8 months old (8 months and 3 days, if you want to be particular).
She continues to love her bath time.
She’s taken to fake smiling, coughing, and crying. Here’s proof of her fakey cry.
Helen likes food again! She’s gets the vast majority of her nutrition from breast milk, but it’s fun to feed her solids every once in a while. So far she’s tried egg yolk, chicken broth, avocado, banana and pumpkin (mixed with grass-fed, organic butter). Here’s a video of her eating pumpkin.
She has been having some MAJOR separation anxiety issues lately. She’s all happy and content while I’m holding her, but if I set her down for one second she loses it. Also, I know she doesn’t have pants on in this photo. That’s because she cries and kicks when I try to change her diaper or put clothes on her. So sometimes I just give up and let her roam without pants. I haven’t let her go without a diaper…yet…
Here are a few more facts about Helen:
- She finally got a tooth: her lower right front tooth.
- She also decided to (finally) grow some hair. It’s so fun to see it get thicker.
- Since she got her tooth she’s been experimenting with more consonant sounds (dada, mama, baba, ect.). She says “mama” when she wants comfort.
- Her night time sleeping is actually worse than it was last month. She usually wakes 2-3 times during the night. I haven’t had the heart to makes her go back to sleep without nursing first. I wonder if teething is at the root (no pun intended).
- She’s getting better at standing. She can balance for a few seconds and she has even pushed up to standing by herself (no support) a couple of times. I’d be surprised if she isn’t walking by Christmas. But of course it could take her longer to learn than I think.
- She loves to look at pictures of babies, including herself. And she coos when she sees her cousin Susan.
And that’s Helen’s 8 month update!