Today I’ve hit 37 weeks! My baby is now considered full term, which means it would probably be able to survive on its own if I went into labor (A baby is considered full term between 37 and 42 weeks; anything before that is considered premature, and anything after that is considered post-term).
Weight this week: 137 – up a little over 2 pounds since December. I’m not sure why my weight gain has slowed. It feels like I’m growing bigger ALL the time. And I actually lost weight last week. Weird. Has anyone else experienced this with their pregnancy?
Measurements around largest part of my tummy: 37.5″ – I’ve gained 1 inch since last time!
Measurements around where my waist used to be: 33″ – up 1 inch from 4 weeks ago.
And now I’m gonna do a bit of complaining. But you have my friend Lauren to thank that this won’t be a completely downer post. She’s inspired me to be more thankful, so for each complaint I make I’ll list something I’m grateful for. Here goes.
- Bending over – Whenever I try to put on my socks or bend down to pick something up, I give a little grunt because my big fat belly is in the way.
- Sleeping – Another way said belly gets in the way. It’s getting more and more difficult to find comfortable positions for sleeping. Not mention the bathroom breaks in the middle of the night…
- Speaking of bathroom breaks… Seems like they’re becoming more and more frequent. Which makes going to town a major pain.
- Hard Belly – At random moments my belly will suddenly become rock-hard and feel like a lead bowling ball.
- Hiccups – Occasionally this kid will develop a severe case of the hiccups. It was cute at first, but now it’s pretty annoying. And its other movements are becoming more forceful as well. It can kick my ribs pretty hard.
- Stretch Marks – Le sigh. I was hoping to avoid them, but I guess it’s genetic and there’s not much you can do to avoid them. But I’m surprised to find that I’m not too stressed about them.
- Tiredness/Waddle – Lately it seems that all of my energy is just sapped away. And my mode of walking has switched to a bit of waddle. So attractive.
But now I must list a few things I’m thankful for.
1) Reuben – I am so thankful that he is able to be home so much these days. He keeps me happy and motivated.
2) A Non-hectic Life – I know some people really enjoy being on the go constantly (and that’s fine), but that’s not what makes me energized. I’m glad that we don’t have a ton of commitments.
3) A Relatively Pain-Free Pregnancy – I know, I just finished complaining about all my aches and pains, but I realize that some women have it a LOT harder than I do. And I barely had any morning sickness in the beginning of pregnancy, so the first two trimesters were pretty comfortable.
4) Pretty Things in the Mail – I have been purchasing a few lovely things that I had wanted for a long time (plus some baby essentials). It’s so nice to have something to look forward to.
5) Sunshine – Lately the sun has been shining for most of the day. I think I would feel much more gloomy if it was grey and cloudy.
6) Simple Pleasures – A good cup of tea. Lovely reading material. Fresh baked bread. Knitting projects. Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that can give so much joy.
7) This Little Life Inside of Me – Even though it’s the source of so much discomfort at the moment, I’m so thankful for this precious little life. I can’t wait to hold him/her in my arms.
And there’s my 37 weeks update!